Electronic Device Use on Campus-Cell phones, MP3 Players, digital cameras, headphones etc.
The following are Sunset guidelines for all electronic devices on campus:
- All cell phones are to be out of sight and not in use once on Sunset campus. Cell phones in view in class or on campus will be confiscated. Cell phones may be used once the school day is over.
- Electronic devices that are confiscated will be returned to the student on the first offense at the end of the day; on the second offense a parent or guardian must pick up the device from the principal.
- Electronic devises are brought to school at the students own risk. Students should keep electronic devices in a secure location at all times. If a device is lost or stolen on campus the principal will not investigate or search for devices.
- Students are not to use their phones to call parents to be picked up during the day. If a student is sick and feels the need to go home, he/she must check in to the health office and be released by office staff.
Standards of Dress for students: The following dress code is designed to facilitate the business of learning and teaching at Sunset School. Please observe these guidelines when purchasing school clothes. We appreciate your support in the daily monitoring of your child’s attire. Clothing that is not designed for school may not be worn at school and must ensure comfort level for all students and staff without causing a disruption to the learning.
- Attire that expresses racial, ethnic or religious disrespect must not be worn.
- Displays of promotion of alcohol, tobacco or drugs on clothing are unacceptable
- Pants must be worn so underwear does not show. Shorts and socks must have a 3” gap.
- Shirts/ blouse/ tops and dresses must cover the stomach, the chest and underwear at all times. Halter, strapless and bare midriff tops are not allowed.
- Shorts, skirts and dresses must be worn at an appropriate length.
- Hats are to be work outside only for sun protection and must be removed when inside. Hoods (over the head) are not to be worn.